At Town & Country Family Physicians, the health and well-being of our patients, employees and communities is our top priority. Due to the staggering yet increasing number of presumptively positive cases of the COVID-19 virus, we are taking additional measures to ensure your safety. Our facility is regularly disinfected.
To that end, we want to share some of the additional steps we are taking to prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, including COVID-19 within our facility:
- We are increasing the disinfection of high touch areas such as; door handles, check in/check-out counters, waiting room seating, restroom surfaces, exam tables and chairs and frequently touched objects.
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizer is available in all common areas and treatment rooms.
- We have implemented a questionnaire to promptly identify any patient that might have been exposed to the COVID-19 virus. Furthermore, if you believe you have been exposed to COVID-19, we kindly ask that you notify the receptionist when scheduling your appointment.
- We are asking patients reporting mild to severe respiratory illness with symptoms of: fever, cough or shortness of breath to request a face mask upon arrival.
- We are currently working on providing Telemedicine services for the convenience of our patients.
We also want to highlight the importance of maintaining a strong immune system during this time. You can do this by eating a balanced diet, getting adequate sleep, minimizing stress and exercising regularly.
Below are tips from the Center for Disease Control (CDC) to protect yourself from the spread of respiratory diseases like COVID-19 virus:
Stay home when you are sick, except to get medical care.
– Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
– Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
– Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth.
– Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
– Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using regular household cleaning sprays and wipes.
We are closely monitoring the global situation and gathering data from primary sources, including the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and State and Local Health Departments. We will continue to keep you informed of any developments.
On behalf of everyone from Town & Country Family Physicians, we thank you for your trust in us. We look forward to seeing you at our office.